Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ice Fesitval


We love city festivals, but most are in the Summer. That's why I love the Plymouth Ice Festival - all the fun and none of the heat. Everyone knows I do much better in the cold, so this festival is perfect for me. It also involves power tools and men hacking away at large blocks of ice, so it's perfect for Benjamin. And they even have a petting farm every year, so it's perfect for Bella and Christian. It doesn't get any better. Lots of yummy food to buy, cool ice sculptures and ice sculptures-in-progress to look at, animals to pet, and a mini cross country ski course for kids. We had a great time, despite the horrific crowds and my oh-so-terrible attempt at parallel parking on the overly-crowded city streets. (It was so bad that I heard people laughing at me as I was parking and saw people pointing and laughing at my van as we returned later.)



Benjamin and Bella fell in love with this little goat and wouldn't leave it alone. Benjamin started making goat noises to it and the goat began answering. He and Benjamin honestly sounded like they were conversing back and forth at one point. People actually stopped and watched for a while because it was so entertaining. I was also happy to see that Christian had gotten over his fear of fluffy animals and seemed to enjoy being around them.


1 comment:

Tara G. said...

We were going to try the festival out but went sledding instead. Looks fun! We may have to give it a try next time. (BTW, I can't parallel park either!)