Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Letter from the Frying Pan


I have a tendency to be hard on cookware.  Teflon pans have short lives in our house.  I cook on high, use whatever utensil is convenient, and hate hand-washing when there's room in the dishwasher.  It drives Kelly crazy.  A true testament of what a wonderful man I married was what I found in the kitchen last night after I put the kids to bed.  Kelly had bought yet another new pan after our old one started to flake teflon and rather than lecture or scold, he put the pan on the stove and laid a note inside that read:

Hello, thanks for taking me in…I’m glad you brought me home after the long interview process.  Let me tell you about myself
I prefer wood and soft silicone utensils because metal might hurt me.
I’m very large and will last a long time.
Please be gentle to me; I don’t like high heat or anything abrasive
My spot changes color when I’m ready to cook.  Just give me a few minutes on medium to medium-high heat and I’ll be ready.
I’m oven safe to 450 degrees and definitely prefer a nice
 hand washing to the dishwasher.
I also like long walks on the beach, but strangely no one seems to care.
Anyway, please be nice to me and
I will help cook your food for a long time ;)

Love,

Your new frying pan


I laughed out-loud.  You better believe I'll try my best to make this one last.  Such a funny man. Side note: It made me wonder if I could leave him a letter from the dirty socks he leaves on the floor by the bed every night. ;)

No comments: