Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Wonderful Conference

We had a great general conference weekend.  I hope every who watched it enjoyed it as much as we did.  The kids were awesome - they listened, participated in our activities, and had a lot of good comments.  I was really impressed with them.  It was the first time since Benjamin was born that we've been able to listen to all four sessions in their entirety.  It was amazingly spiritual.


I had tons of papers with coloring activities and other conference-type things to do in our tent.  Then we had our traditional bingo game of listening to and marking off topics mentioned until a bingo is reached.  Then we had our bowls of treats from which they could grab one each time they heard a certain word mentioned - temples, Jesus, prayer, etc which were posted under each bowl.  They love that activity best.  We also had my favorite - our apostle mural.  I put up pictures of all the apostles and any member of the 70 that we find particularly interesting and we draw pictures about their talk as we're listening.  Then we put them up when the talk is done.  By the end of conference, our entire wall is covered. It is so fun the following night during family home evening to go over the pictures, look at all our "amazing" art work, and remember what was discussed.  I never want to take it down.

It was all over way too fast.  I love listening to the prophets speak.


1 comment:

Christine said...

I love the apostle mural! What a great idea! Gonna have to try that one next Conference! I wish our room was big enough for our tent, too!