Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Some Things Never Change

It was a glorious warm day today so we rode our bikes to the park.  We had a wonderful time playing in the warm sunshine and then, as they do EVERY year, they discovered the gigantic puddles that form on the far end of the park as all the snow melts.  In case you might think that this year they'd be more mature and NOT soak themselves top to bottom in mucky water, think again.

My kids in 2011 (and really I could post similar pictures for every year):





My kids in 2014:





Although, I should really clump myself into the "none the wiser category" since I keep bringing them to this same flooded park every year.  Alas, I chalk it up to the fact that it just makes them so incredibly happy!  Only, this year Bella showed a bit of her diva self and wouldn't let herself get wet above the waist.  Sad some of that childlike care free nature is already fading.  Happily, the boys had no such qualms.

1 comment:

AJ said...

Love it! How fun for them. And you should do a collage of the years at the flooded park.