Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Goodbye Camera


This is the last picture on our camera - the picture Benjamin took just before it crashed to the ground - directly onto the lens. I know - why did I let my two year old play with the camera?! He was doing so well! He was actually taking some good pictures and being careful and it was a perfect distraction while I changed Bella's diaper. But all good things must come to an end and thus end his days as a photographer. Goodbye dear camera. We have loved the last 6 weeks with you. I have seriously bad luck with cameras lately! Our previous camera went swimming in the fountain at the zoo the day before Isabella was born. Our next one is on its way here now. Please pray for its survival.

Things are still going along well here. I just got pooped on by Isabella as I wrote that, alas, but truly, they are. That's life with a newborn, I guess. It happens more often than I'd like. But she's a sweety and very patient. Here's a few pics to enjoy while I go clean us up. Benjamin has started getting pots out, putting on his apron, and pretending to cook. It's so cute. Everytime I ask him what he's cooking, the answer is always eggs. Also, he's decided he wants to be David Attenborough when he grows up. Every day he wants to watch Planet Earth or Life of Birds or some such documentary all narrated by the marvelous David A. I let him watch while he has his snack and I cook dinner. It's so fun to see how into these shows he gets. I can't complain - it's educational!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Kids!

lizroxy said...

AHH poor camera. I'm convinced that mine will meet an untimely end in a similar manner. I can hardly bring it out now without Lauren wanting to spend a half an hour on my lap pushing all the buttons and wanting to advance through all the pictures.

Tara G. said...

The kids were SO cute at the park today -- I just can't get over it. I loved how they ran to one another as if they hadn't seen each other in years!! Thanks for being such a good friend.

T and B said...

We are so sorry about the camera!