Monday, July 28, 2008

Pure Joy


Ah, to be two. Music making ball poppers and overnight campouts with dad are enough to get you dancing and shrieking with delight. This last weekend Kelly took Benjamin on a church-sponsored campout. I stayed home and had a girls' night with Isabella, while the two boys went out into the woods and did manly things - lit fires, got dirty, and ate junk food. Benjamin had a terrific time with the others kids there, and besides getting so many mosquito bites that he looks like he's got chicken pox, it went well. He came home filthy and exhausted, which is just what I expected. He took a shower and a long nap and then told me all about it. Well, since he can't talk yet - it was a lot of hand gestures and sound effects, but it clearly made an impression on him. :)



He woke up from his long nap to find that Maya had come over to play and he was more than willing. The two of them are the cutest couple. If they get married, I'm showing this movie at their wedding. They pulled out the ball popper machine and danced the afternoon away. Check this out. This is pure joy.

3 comments:

Tara G. said...

I'm so happy you recorded that! Maya just watched it about 15 times and keeps saying "MO'e", she loved it. What a cute little camper you have!

T and B said...

Such a cute video! Some days I would love to be a kid again.

Martha loved watching the video too! I think she's a little jealous of Maya =)

Stacy said...

I love their little happy feet dance! It's wonderful when kids are happy and playing well together. Xavier loves the ball popper, too. I always get nervous, though, because he puts his hands down inside of it. I don't think it can do anything but I still get that parental twinge whenever he does it!