Saturday, November 08, 2008

Elections and the Good Stuff

I try not to make this blog about me, but I just have to say, I've been in a bit of a funk since Tuesday. I researched the issues and the candidates for months, watched all of the debates, read everyone's website - not just Obama/McCain, but senators, judges, etc. and carefully selected my favorite candidate and proposal stance in each race. Alas, in the end, every single thing/person (except one judge) I voted for lost. That's depressing. Yay for democracy, but when that happens you wonder why you bothered. So congrats to those of you who voted for Obama, etc., but when you and I are hanging out, I'd rather you wait a few months before bringing it up. I'm just going to get depressed again. Okay, that's out of the way. On to the good stuff and the real reason most people check this blog.



Isabella turns 6 months tomorrow and we're still trying to get her to eat from a spoon. I've tried rice and oatmeal, squash, broccoli, bananas, and applesauce - all with only very limited success. Here's a video to show you how it goes. She makes such hilarious facial expressions that I just had to get it on film. Of course, that's when she decided to finally swallow. It doesn't happen often. We'll just have to keep working at it, I guess. Benjamin took about 4 weeks of daily effort before he finally started eating well.


Benjamin has started taking a real active interest in Bella's development. It's been really fun to see. He'll hold a toy out to her and when she takes it, he'll cheer, "Yay Bella! Take! See mama? Bella take!" He's also decided that he's going to teach her how to crawl. I came into the kitchen yesterday and found them doing this:


Of course, I'm not really sure what he was trying to teach her with this:


In general I'm just happy to see him spending more time playing with her than beating on her.


He's actually gotten better at playing with kids in general. We've been doing a lot with his buddies Max and Maya and he still has a major problem with the concept of sharing, but again, the violence has been reduced and it's done my ulcer good. :)


Cookies and Dora the Explorer - what more could you want?

6 comments:

Stacy said...

The grimacing and especially that shudder of disgust definitely show what she thinks about that "real" food you make her eat! Good luck with that...maybe try some sweet potatoes with cinnamon?

Brooke said...

OH MY GOSH, your kids are so funny! I love the video where Benjamin is teaching her how to crawl! SO FUNNY!

Tara G. said...

So cute! I loved the picture of Maya and Benjamin on their "date". I agree, he is getting much better about playing with others. Maya only came home with one bruise on her face his time. JUST KIDDING. They are truly so sweet together and Bella is just getting the cutest personality.

Kyle/Michelle said...

Cute kids! And don't worry we're still working on the playing together nicely thing...

Oh, and when we figure out something that works with Spencer at school, don't worry, we'll be cheering it so loud that you will definitely know. :)

T and B said...

I love the videos! Your kids are getting so big. They are darling.

The Bennett's Tall Tales and True Stories said...

I want pictures of Benjamin and Max together!!! I never have my camera...and now it's almost dead so I may never be able to take any. You must share!