Saturday, November 01, 2008

Oh the Sugar Rush!


We had a blast trick-or-treating last night. Benjamin had a great time knocking on doors and seeing people's dogs. Whenever we knew the people he tried to go inside. We had to explain that on this night we only say hello but we don't stay. The greatest part of the whole thing was he never demanded to eat any of his candy, so guess who got it all? :) Kelly and I stayed up playing board games together and eating all of Benjamin's loot. The only downside is that he was the one that picked out the candy and he's apparently a fan of yellow wrappers - ie. Butterfingers and Peanut M&Ms - blech. I kept trying to steer his hand towards the 3 Musketeers and the Mounds, but I didn't want to seem too pushy. In the end we still got enough delectable treats to induce a sugar coma. I remember laughing a lot last night, but the details are fuzzy. Ah - halloween. How I love you.

3 comments:

Tara G. said...

Whenever they gave Maya the option to pick out a candy bar she chose the crappy candy too! I will have her better trained next year :)

Loni said...

You summed that up quite well! You guys look so cute!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday Michelle! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful year, it sounds like it began as perfectly as possible.

--Bill & Megan