Saturday, November 15, 2008

Oooh! Look at That!

Isabella is out to discover and recently she came across the most popular item in our home - the laptop. She promptly resized all the icons, renamed TurboTax to dwarqqqqq, and opened instant messenger - a girl's gotta stay connected! :) It was really cute to see how excited she was about it. Maybe she's been watching her brother on it for so long and she was thrilled it was finally her turn.



Her other new discovery is that there's another baby that lives in the bathroom and that baby looks just like her! Despite the red circle she got on her forehead from numerous collisions with this baby, she seemed very pleased to have made a new friend.


Benjamin's new discovery is that pinecones and hands can be made to look a lot like turkeys or "gobba-gobbas" as he calls them. We made a turkey at the library and he's been playing with it ever since. At home we outlined our hands (me, Bella, and Benjamin) and turned them into turkeys. We turned our outline turkey picture into a placemat that he can use during his Thanksgiving dinner. It is really cute, if I do say so myself. I'm excited for Thanksgiving. It'll be the first time in my life that we're hosting the big event and I think it will be wonderful. Especially because Kelly will be the one cooking the turkey! :) Gotta love a man who cooks.


Last thing - cute Benjamin moments: We were putting honey on our bread and Kelly asked Benjamin, "Where does honey come from?" "Bees!" he answered. "That's right, bees make honey. What do bees eat in order to make the honey?" "Monkeys!" he replied matter-of-factly.

We took Bella to her 6 month check-up (80% in length and head, 50% in weight) and when we got home, Kelly asked Benjamin what the doctor said. He thought about it and said,"No monkeys bed." As in Mama called the doctor and doctor said, 'No more monkeys jumping on the bed!' His love for that song knows no bounds.

5 comments:

Tara G. said...

Way cute post, Michelle. I can't believe how big Isabella, I'm glad we'll be able to watch her a couple more times. I loved Benjamin's answers to Kelly's questions. I've said it at other ages but THIS age has got to be one of my favorites! (Besides the refusing to nap thing.)

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

I love those pictures of Isabella! She is such a cutie. We hope you have a great Thanksgiving and good luck hosting this year. I was so hoping you guys might be coming to Utah. Norlan and Mindy are coming to SF and didn't tell my mom exactly who was coming, they just told them a count. Hey I have a killer Cranberry Salsa recipe that is a huge hit around the holidays. Get for Thanksgiving. I'd love to share the recipe if you are interested.

Loni said...

Isabella looks like a professional on that laptop. She looks so proud of herself, in the second picture. Good Luck with Thanksgiving dinner, I hosted for the first time a couple years ago. I had a lot of fun and no one got sick, so I must have cooked the turkey right. I'm sure yours will be a success too!

Jennica said...

ahhh! they are sooo cute! i'm excited to see you guys for christmas! how is everything going in michigan?

Brooke said...

Isaballa is much adorabla. Love photo #2 -- I'm sad we can't invite you to our house for Thanksgiving this year! OH, well . . . fun memories anyway.