Sunday, November 29, 2009

Let the Potty Training Begin!


This little cutie was standing in front me this morning as I stepped out of the shower. She was pulling on her pajama pant with one hand and pointing at the toilet with the other and saying, "Poop." I assumed she either had just gone poop in her diaper or was just telling me what she has seen others do in the toilet. However, she has sat on the toilet a few times in the past after seeing one of us use it, so I decided to set her on it anyway. Far be it from me to discourage the use of the toilet!! Much to my shock and amazement, the instant I had her diaper off and sat her on the toilet, she pooped! Then she signed that she was all done and said, "done." My big girl! So exciting! After we praised her, she went into my room and got out a pair of Benjamin's underpants from the laundry basket and put them on. She was so upset when I made her take them off and put on a diaper! I really never expected to start this so early, but I think I'm going to buy some pull-ups tomorrow and see how far we can take this!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's wonderful! While I know this is only the first step I hope the rest goes quickly and well. It sounds like a wonderful Christmas gift from Bella!

Bill

Megan said...

That's awesome!!