Sunday, September 25, 2011

Our Weekend

This weekend was a bit of a bummer. We'd planned to go swimming, to the park, to have a playdate with friends, and to be in the primary program. In the end, we got to spend our time at home alone and at the doctor's office. Friday afternoon Benjamin complained that he was cold. No one else felt cold, so I told him to put on a sweatshirt and come cuddle with me on the couch. That's when I noticed that he was burning up. Fever of 102.6. I checked him over to find his lymph nodes were swollen in his neck and he had white puss on his tonsils. Strep Throat. Called the pediatrician, but of course, it's Friday afternoon at 4pm, so they've all gone home. Off to the Urgent Care. They did a quick strep test but the test was flawed because Benjamin couldn't hold still and it ended up coming back negative. They put him on antibiotics anyway. So we were home bound for the next 24 hours until he was no longer contagious. After a couple doses he started to feel better and his fever started to go down. I hoped to still let him be in the primary program because he's learned his part by heart and was so excited for it. But Sunday morning he woke up at 3am crying that his throat hurt and his fever was sky high again. So we spent Sunday at home all day too while he slept most of the day away. Bella and I entertained ourselves by making the princess train - the way in which you entice a girly girl to play trains with you - tape the princesses on the train cars.


Then she started to get super whiny and snotty so I left her alone and next thing I know, I find this:


Benjamin finally ate his first bite of food at 3:30 and actually seemed to be feeling a little better. Still in his spider man pjs.


Christian joined us for our snack, but lost his food somewhere. Can you help him find it? :) He stuck it up there to be funny and then honestly couldn't get it back. He kept rubbing his hands around on his head with a perplexed look on his face. It ended up staying up there for 15 minutes or so before I stopped laughing enough to take it off. In the meantime he was thrilled because he'd gotten mommy to laugh. What a crazy kid.


By bed time tonight Benjamin started feeling much better and his fever was down. We'll see how he feels tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

I was wondering what happened to you guys when I didn't see Benjamin during the program. That is a total bummer! Hope everyone is feeling better now.

Loni said...

Bummer! I'm glad he is feeling better, sorry he had to miss the primary program!