Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Zoo

We went to the zoo a few days ao (my kids and Shade, the boy I tend a few days/week). I don't love the zoo for the sake of the animals, but I love, love, love taking the kids out on a beautiful fall day, spending time together, having fun, playing on the playround, riding the train, and marveling at the beauty of nature. It was a wonderful day and the kids seemed to love it too.

The first thing Benjamin wanted to do was see the butterflies. He's obsessed with monarch butterflies since they raised some in his classroom last year. He was so thrilled to find this one. So sweet to see how careful and gentle the kids were around them.


Loved this picture the best - the sign next to them says, "Please keep off the fence." That is sooo hard when you're so small! I'm bad but I never tell them to keep off. They want to see too!




Isabella was in an uncharacterically good mood too, so much so that she set aside her usual disdain for Christian and held his hand to help him down the curb. So sweet.



The zoo really is a happy place...for those outside of the cages, anyway.

No comments: