Saturday, February 06, 2021

Interesting

Christian found a bag of trail mix in the van this morning and decided to have a snack. I always eat it straight from the bag, but he poured it into a bowl.  I assumed he'd get a spoon and eat it that way.  However, he also got a plate, so I investigated.  He sat down and proceeded the separate out each ingredient into its own pile.  

    Me: You know those trail mix ingredients taste best when eaten together.

    Christian: I know, I just like to be in control of the ratio.

Then he added bacon bits from breakfast to his assortment and happily ate his snack....all but the almonds.

    Christian: Is it okay if I get a knife and cut the almonds in half before eating them?  

    Me: At this point, you've already made this simple ready-to-eat bag of trail mix so incredibly complicated, what's one more step?

He got out a cutting board and a large cleaver and cut each almond into two halves before finally eating them too. 

In this world full of interesting people, Christian ranks right at the top for me.


No comments: