Sunday, March 07, 2021

I Love Sunshine

 Today was such a great day.  It got up to the low 40s and was bright and sunny all day.  We couldn't resist spending most of it outside.  Even Benjamin was willing to come along and play.  We rode bikes down to the high school soccer field and played 2v1 (Christian and I were a team against Benjamin).  We all had a fun time but Benjamin had a hard time keeping up with us.  Christian and I get a lot more exercise than he does and we are naturally distance runners whereas he's a sprinter so we ran and ran long after he'd fallen over in exhaustion.  After that we played on the different playgrounds and challenged each other to different feats of strength on the bars.  It was a wonderful time during which everyone got along and it made me really happy.






Bella had decided to stay home because she really wanted to make St. Patrick's Day cookies and wanted to prep the dough.  When we got home, the dough was chilling in the fridge and she came out and played on the trampoline with us while we waited for it to be ready.  Then we baked them and all enjoyed her hard work as we listened to Irish music and decorated Irish/Spring themed cookies.  Who says you can only decorate cookies at Christmas?  The icing turned out perfect.  I just really wish my cookies would ever turn out the way I have them in my head!  I picture the perfect image and think I'll have no trouble creating it and then my hands disobey me and it turns out looking like a preschooler's.  Luckily  Bella has no such problem and she created some beautiful cookies.  Ugly and beautiful cookie alike made a delicious dessert for the kids after dinner.


I love that spring is really on its way.  Never have I sought so ardently for spring.  This year, in particular, winter isolation has been grueling.  I can't wait for the freedom that warmer weather will provide.  While we can't go into indoor children's play places, museums, etc., it will be so wonderful to be able to spend more time in the woods, at the river, and on the lake.  It can't come soon enough!


No comments: