Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Girls Getaway

My friends and I had been planning our long weekend away for so long it felt like it would never arrive, but then suddenly it was time.  Kelly took a couple days off work and I drove to the Pocono Mountains to meet with many of my friends from college.  We're 20 years older but we still get along wonderfully and it was an amazing weekend of hiking, kayaking, shopping, eating and mostly lots and lots of talking.  We hadn't all gotten together like this in over 10 years.  The last girls getaway, I took Bella along because she was still nursing!  This time I also managed to get over to Manhattan by myself while I waited for some of my friends to fly in.  First time ever in downtown NYC and it was amazing.  I can't wait to get back there.



The hike was literally called "Shades of Death."  Some in our group decided that was a bit too much for them and we opted for the one that took us to Hawk Falls instead.  It was gorgeous.





I have the best friends.  They are kind, funny, intelligent, and fun.  It made me really miss the days in the dorm.  Everyone is killin' it in their current chosen spheres and it was so fun to catch up.

Not pictured: the Amish farmer's market, the trashy flea market, and the thousand toll roads I had to get on and off as I attempted to find my way around New Jersey, New York, and Eastern Pennsylvania.  Made me so grateful that Michigan is toll road free.

While I was gone, Kelly shuttled kids to a soccer game, a piano recital, an art class, church, and a band concert, while still trying to work, make food, take care of a toddler, and be bishop.  A huge thank you goes to him for all of that.

Last thing - how do you know your have a toddler in the house?  45 pictures on your camera roll that look just like this:

It was so fun to be gone for a while, but I sure missed snuggling with this little cutie.  It's really good to be home. 




No comments: