Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Summer Begins

 School is official over and we're off to camps.  Benjamin to drumline camp, Christian to soccer camp (although he was sick and missed the first day), and Bella to pioneer trek.  She was so unhappy about it.  "Our ancestors suffered on their journey west, why should we have to go through that?  Why do we purposely make ourselves suffer?!"  As if walking a few miles through the woods could in any way compare to the hardships those pioneers had to endure on their 1,000+ mile journey to Salt Lake. I think she'll have a wonderful time.  I hope so, anyway.  Living without her phone for a few days and living the life of a pioneer and learning about her heritage along with all her close friends could be really wonderful if she lets it be.


I had wanted to buy her an outfit for trek online for $40 (included bonnet, dress, and apron).  She didn't want it.  She thought it was ugly.  So we chose fabric at the store and I sewed her outfit.  It didn't really match, but she loved each individual piece, so she wanted it that way.  On the morning of the trek she switched hats and decided not to wear the bonnet.  I was frustrated and made her at least take a picture with it to document the hard work and the $90 in fabric and supplies that the whole outfit cost.  I thought she looked really cute but that was not a hill I was going to die on.  She went without a bonnet and I moved on with my life.

The friend from whom we get eggs is on vacation.  We have been left in charge of the chicks.  So fun!  They started out as the cutest little yellow fluff balls and have grown so fast!  Peter loves going over there to see them.




Bella's dance recital was last week too.  She did such a great job. I was so proud of her.  She looked beautiful up on stage and the performance went great.  She and her friend Carolin took the class together and I really loved that they could do it together.  Sorry for the low quality stage photo.  Photography was against the rules so I had to sneak a quick one without taking time to focus or frame properly.  Bella is second from the left.








No comments: