Monday, May 20, 2024

My Baby Has Graduated

 My last baby has finished preschool.  A bitter sweet day.  He looked so adorable up there getting his medal and having his teacher talk about him as "their serious soul in class."  She said he told her when he grows up he wants to be a "policeman who also does magic."  He's told me that many times as well.  He always says, "I want to be a "policeman magician."  Someone who can catch the bad guys but can go to schools and churches and entertain and do amazing tricks in his off time.  I have no idea how that desire started. Except when he first started describing it to me, he couldn't keep the difference between magician and musician straight so he often mixed those up.  It took some practice with those words before he was confident explaining his plan.  







Kelly was at the instacare with Benjamin getting his wrist x-rayed, so I had a friend take a picture of the two of us.  Not ideal photo op, but I'm happy to have a quick pic with my little man.


He was also named star student at swim school.  "When you move up 5 levels in 4 months, you deserve it!" his teacher told him.  He got his picture on the board at the school and he got to pick out a treat (much to my dismay - why do we have to give them junk food as a reward??).  He was thrilled and picked out the pop-tarts.  Enjoy 'em buddy, because you'll never catch me buying them! ;)


A few other Peter moments - he got to milk a cow at the preschool field trip.  He didn't particularly like that, but he was willing to give it a try.


Rode the horse without fear.


And enjoyed popsicles, games, and outdoor play during the last few days of class.  I'm going to miss being able to take him there.  It's been a fun group.






On to kindergarten!  So excited!

No comments: