Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Seminary Graduate

After getting up at 5am for four years to attend early morning seminary before school, Benjamin is finally done.  His graduation ceremony was attended by our whole family and I'm so bummed I didn't get a family picture, but at least Kelly got in one. :)  

His diploma was presented by his bishop (Kelly), Scott Grimes (the area institute director), Ron Zimmerman and Shaw Lorenc (stake presidency), and Brett Yates (stake sunday school president).  An amazing group of people to congratulate him and wish him well.

His seminary teachers also came to congratulate him.  I cannot express how grateful I am to these women for their dedication and sacrifice on behalf of my kids.  Teaching teenagers at 6am, five days a week is BRUTAL.  I subbed on occasion and it wiped me out.  Teenagers are a tough audience.  God bless these amazing women.


His face in this picture cracks me up.  It kind of sums up his whole feeling about seminary.  Not his favorite place to be, let's be honest.  However, he went, nearly 100% of the time, all four years without me having to say a word.  It was his choice and may the Lord bless him for it too.

The funniest part was when Benjamin came home with graduation gifts (money, candy, etc.) and Peter said, "How come he gets graduation gifts?!  I graduated before he did and I didn't get any gifts!!"

If only pre-school grads got the same recognition as high school and seminary grads.  It's not fair, is it, Peter?

No comments: