Saturday, August 10, 2024

He's 5!!

Peter, our long awaited miracle, has been with us for five years already! What a joy he is to have around.  I'm so excited for him to start Kindergarten this year and have so many fun adventures.  He is reading, and doing math, and riding a bike, and swimming like a fish - he's just so amazing.  He also has the most tender heart and tells me every day how much he loves me and that cuddling with me is his favorite thing (in addition to playing legos).  We love him so much.


He got a transformer but needed a little help from big brother to figure out how it transformed.


A few other cute pictures:

Peter acting like a gorilla


Peter at Urban Air:



Peter being a really good sport as my mom and I dragged him on a three hour tour of Detroit architecture and history.



Peter at our library's annual watermelon drop.  That's a man at the top of that crane and he's holding a watermelon.


Now the watermelon is falling.  Can you see it? Sadly, I didn't get a picture of impact.  Trust me, it was spectacular.  It always is.  We come back every year.


Peter and Christian at a fun lake day.  



Another time we went to the same lake with friends from youth conference:



Peter doing his chores.  He is always willing to do chores in theory.  He promises he'll do them "later."  He's always got something else he wants to do first and then he'll do them.  Sadly, some days those other things never run out and the chores don't get done.  Or he'll start and then get distracted and not finish.  It's been a battle to get him to do them right away, but for someone so young, it's a great start.  He's a great kid.


Christian had a fundraiser for robotics that Peter and I helped out with.  Christian and I put Peter in the stroller and we went all over the neighborhood passing out flyers for Christian's bottle drive.  In the end, he collected $160 worth of returnable cans/bottles.  It was a great haul.







No comments: