Friday, August 09, 2024

Weeks and Weeks of Camps

 Bella was basically never home this summer.  She went to FSY, Youth Conference, Trail to Eagle, Scout Camp, Young Women's Camp, and Marching Band Camp.  Six weeks of camps in eight weeks.  I sure missed having her around, but she seemed to have a great summer.

FSY Camp:





Scout Camp:

                                        








Trail to Eagle:





Young Women's Camp:






Marching Band Camp:






Sadly, other than youth conference (which I posted about a while ago), I wasn't with her on any of these camps so all my pictures are from the Facebook and Instagram posts of chaperones.  Not a great selection.  Bella came home from each one with positive things to say and seemed to have a great time.  I'm so proud of how independent and hard working she is.  She is very motivated and will do amazing things.

Some pictures from the post-band camp show.  The show is to demonstrate all that they learned during the week.  It always amazes me how hard these kids work to learn so much.  A quarter of those kids have never marched in a band in their lives and at the end of the week they can put on a show.  Amazing.  They also always invite family onto the field to learn some too.  Peter has been coming onto the field every year.  Its fun to see how he's grown.






In 2022:


I know I have one from 2023, but I can't find it.  I wonder if he was wearing a red shirt in that one too?











No comments: