Monday, September 23, 2024

Missionary Training Center Life

 We haven't heard from Benjamin except for the email he sent when he arrived:

"Made it. all was super easy except for all the spanish."

He's not a man of many words but I very much appreciated knowing he was well. Thanks to the internet, I've managed to glean a little more information.

This picture was sent to me by the man in the bottom of the picture.  I received a text from him telling me that he'd been in a lesson with Elder Dalton and Elder Brooks via zoom and wanted me to know "He radiated the light of Christ and taught with power through the Holy Ghost."  I don't know how he got my number but his text made my day.

This picture is of all the missionaries who entered the mission training center in Mexico City the day Benjamin did.  It was posted on the MTC's Facebook page.  I knew they were going to take this picture because they post the new arrival picture every week and I'd asked him before leaving to please try to sit in the front row so I'd be able to see him well.  The sweet boy obliged, even though I know he's not a usual front row sitter.



So, he seems to be doing well.  Now I need to stop picking up food for him at the grocery store, setting a place for him at the dinner table, going to his room to wake him for church, and expecting to hear him coming into the kitchen.  These routines are so ingrained and they hurt each time I realize they are no longer needed.

No comments: