Thursday, September 14, 2006

Little Johnny Jumper

Benjamin tried out a new toy yesterday - the Johnny Jumper. I'm not sure why they call it this, but what a great invention! I was at a friend's house and as she held Benjamin she commented on how well he holds up his head and that if he does this well, he's really ready for the Johnny Jumper which was apparently her childrens' favorite thing. So, I went home and tried it. I put a blanket in there with him so he wouldn't bonk his face in case he got tired and flopped forward, but he ended up sideways instead, so it was unnecessary. However, he seemed to really enjoy using his legs to move himself around. He actually managed to bounce some, but mostly he turned in circles. He sat there while I cooked dinner and things went really well. My little boy is growing up.




Every time I change Benjamin, he likes to lay on the changing table with his arms out and his hands in fists. Kelly says he's practicing for the days when he'll own a motorcycle. I really don't know why he does it, but he does it all the time, so I had to take a picture. The other is here just because I thought it was cute and in memoriam to the adorable outfit he's wearing because it is possibly no more unless I can remove the gigantic poop stain it acquired only hours after this picture was taken.


4 comments:

Julia said...

That pic of Ben with his fists up is the cutest thing I have ever, ever seen!

How far apart do you think we live, Michelle? I keep thinking that if I get a 2 and 1/2 day span off, I'd come and visit you and see that baby. But I don't know if it's feasible.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great. I love you cute little child. God bless america.

K and M said...

Julia - according to google maps, we're 400 miles or 7 hours apart, if you go around the lake. But I've heard there's a ferry you can take that should cut down on the time by about 2 or 3 hours. Either way, you are ALWAYS welcome. It would be wonderful to have you over.

K and M said...

George - Thanks for taking time out of your busy country invading schedule to check out my blog. Always nice to have a president who cares. ;)