Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's a girl???

I got another ultrasound today and it was for diagnostic purposes (down syndrome check, etc.) but I was so curious if we could tell what the baby is. So I asked and she said she could tell with 70% certainty. That was good enough for me, so we checked. Within seconds she had that perfect angle - legs strait out, bottom facing us. She and I both said at the same time, "That's a girl!" I will spare you the anatomical details of the image, but it was pretty obvious, baring radial future growth. I am a bit torn emotionally about it. It sure explains the many differences between this pregnancy and my first. Also, the strange feeling that I was making a mistake each time I referred to her as 'he' or 'your little brother' (to Benjamin). However, I really wanted a boy. Mostly because that's what I already have and what I'm used to and what comes naturally now. I'm not a prissy girly kind of person. That stuff really turns me off. But I also really hate dirt, so maybe a girl is really what I need. :) In any case, time will tell if it's correct, but in the mean time, I'll be looking for non-prissy girl clothes and imagining my little blonde-haired cutie - Maya/Isabella/? - suddenly I'm not so sure about names either.

Also, Happy Halloween everyone and a happy birthday to me tomorrow!!!! 30 years old! I'm excited. My party is on Friday and I've invited a lot of people so I think it will be tons of fun. I'll post pics of cutie Benjamin in his costume tomorrow, but in the mean time, here's a couple cute photos from a week or two ago.

Benjamin, Laura (from Utah), and I went to a cider mill to give Laura a Michigan experience (in addition to getting lost in Detroit) and Benjamin entertained himself on the train.


I let Benjamin put the rice and water into the rice cooker for dinner, but once that was done, he decided there was much more fun to be had. I'm still finding stray rice kernals every so often.

6 comments:

Julia said...

Laura's out there visiting? Really? Tell her hi for me!

And congratulations on the little girl! And your 30th birthday!! Woohoo! (Me, I'm freaking out about turning thirty next year, so we'll just move on from the topic, shall we?)

*hugs*

Tara G. said...

Whoo hoo for a girl! They're fun, I promise. They have lots of cute clothes in blue, yellow, & purples. Although, I always love the pink stuff! Hope you had a fun birthday :)

K and M said...

Laura was here - she's gone now, unfortunately. It was a lot of fun having her around.

As for pink girl clothes - I've got nothing against pink - just the stuff that makes 1 year olds look like mini-prostitutes. Mini skirts, spagetti straps, bare midrifs, with words like princess and diva on them. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great one. As for girl stuff, Hannah still things cars and trucks, blocks and balls are the best. She will all out fight Sam for the car (or any toy) that she wants. She also thinks she can do anything Sam can, which leads to learning some skills a little too early for my liking (climbing out of the crib for example). Hope you start feeling better soon. AJ

Than and Erica said...

Congratulations on a girl! I think having a boy first and a girl second is definitely the way to go! :) I totally wanted to have two little boys running around, but one of each is very fun, too. Happy birthday! I hope that Kelly gets you lots of presents!

Anonymous said...

Hear hear!!!! on the diva and princess shirts...Major ICK ICK ICk!!!

Laura