Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mini Tom Sawyer


We've had a rough week of sleepless nights and tantrum filled days. Yesterday I went so far as to grab my keys and bag and get in the car (without the kids). Of course, I didn't make it out of the garage, but I sat there in the car for a long time wanting to drive far, far away. Today however, was a bright spot in the week, and we had a really fun time at the park with friends. At one point Benjamin and his buddy Lilly were playing by the river and I managed to get the kids to look at the camera for a few pictures. This one is by far my favorite. It's just so Benjamin - crazy hair, muddy, wet rolled up pants, too-small shoes he took from Bella so he'd stop hurting his feet on the rocks (so she went barefoot), and the cutest smile I've on him in days. I can't decide if he's more like Calvin (from Calvin and Hobbes) or Tom Sawyer, but either way, he's my adorable little hooligan.

He and Lilly played happily in the icy-cold water for over an hour.


Little Miss Bella played in the water a bit too, but had much more fun snacking and warming her feet in the sun. Smart girl.

3 comments:

Megan said...

They are adorable! I understand the feeling of wanting to get away from the tantrums, though. Good luck!

Than and Erica said...

sorry for all the kid drama. I swear camry goes through weeks at a time of just being ornery but then she snaps out of it. good luck. at least you got outside. that always helps me out.

Kyle/Michelle said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has thought about leaving the kids for some sanity. :)
Definitely a cute, cute picture of Benjamin!