Wednesday, March 03, 2010

When Did She Learn That?


Isabella shocked me the other day while we were playing hide and seek. I knew she could count along with me, but she'd never counted on her own. So when it was her turn to count and seek Benjamin, I wasn't expecting much. However, before I knew what was happening, she'd counted to 13 and took off looking for him. The next time it was her turn, I had the camera ready, and she didn't disappoint. Even when the "hiding" Benjamin ran right past her, she just kept right on going. Like I mentioned before, he still hasn't mastered the nuances of this game. The stinker even held the door closed, so that although she'd found him, she couldn't prove it. If you can't hear it in the video, he comes out saying, "That was clever." Ummm...no, clever would have been hiding somewhere that she wasn't watching while she counted. ;)

I know I'm a biased mom, but I never cease to be amazed by Isabella's verbal ability at this young age. It's so fun having a 21 month old that talks! Although, to his credit, Benjamin's two and three word sign language sentences at this age were quite astounding too.

3 comments:

Carla Geddes said...

WOW... her counting is REALLY good... who can believe she is really only 21 months old...she is so smart! She has grown a lot since we moved... they are both such good looking kids.

Megan said...

WOW!!! That is amazing!

Unknown said...

I watched it like 3 times! I also enjoyed listening to you speak German! So very cool! And it makes me want to be there right now....dang 800 dollar tickets.