Monday, September 08, 2008

Carnival Fun


There was a carnival in Plymouth this past weekend, so the kids and I decided to check it out. I hoped that there would be some rides that allowed little kids on by themselves and luckily there were a few. Benjamin only wanted to ride one of them, though - the "choo choo!" He was so excited when he saw the train! Without a moment's hesitation he climbed aboard and rode around and around. He was so cute and so happy. After that he wanted to ride the "neigh" - the horses on the merry-go-round. So we went there but they didn't allow kids his size to ride alone and they wouldn't let me on while holding Isabella. Darn carnies! So I stood there with a crying Benjamin trying to look pitiful and appeal to the controller's sympathies. As I did so, an elderly woman with her grandson came up and tried to get on. She was one ticket short, however, so she sadly walked away. That's when I had an idea. I ran after her and said, "I'll give you a ticket if you'll watch my baby while I ride with my son." She agreed and even fed Bella a bottle while we rode. Benjamin had such a great time. I didn't get any pics of it because I forgot my phone (what I was taking pics on since I forgot my camera at home) in the stroller but the tantrum that ensued when I attempted to get him off was a sure sign that he'd enjoyed himself. :) I had a lot of fun too. The rides, games, food, and fun atmosphere of a carnival are always great. Plus, it was within walking distance of a playground/park, so we stopped off there for a while before heading home. It was a great playground with lots of uncommon equipment and great, fast slides. It was a good mommy day all around.


Library story time starts next week, as does gymnastics class. We're excited! :)

2 comments:

Loni said...

Looks like a great time. I'm glad you could figure out away to get on the merry-go-round!

Tara G. said...

You are an awesome mom to find so many things for Benjamin to do. Where do you find out about all of these events? Call us next time and we'll try and come so you don't have to ask an old lady to watch your baby :)