Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Metal Mouth/Brace Face

Look who got braces this week!!


 He's quite the sight with the hair that he refuses to get cut, the teenage acne, and now braces.  Amazingly, I still find him handsome and endearing and his new braces-induced way of speaking is cute.  He's also got "bite turbos" behind his top front teeth that keep him from biting the brackets off until his bite gets adjusted.  However, those turbos also keep his back teeth from touching, so he can't chew anything any more.  The orthodontist told us those would be on for a month and that seemed like forever, but when they were on and I went to schedule his next appointment, he told us that it would be at least three months before they came off.  Lousy liar.  I brought up the discrepancy and he insisted I must have misheard him.  Benjamin is my witness, though, that he said 1 month.  I even had him confirm that because I knew such an apparatus would be incredibly awkward and I wanted it gone asap.  He comes highly recommended and I've really liked him so far so I hope that this isn't indicative of future trends.  I hate when people refuse to accept that they made a mistake and blame you for the error.  We all make mistakes, I get it, just own it!!  Don't push it off on me!  I feel bad for Benjamin watching him swallow all his food whole.  I really hope things get better after they've been on a while.


We had sushi the other night for dinner and Bella decided to put her soy sauce in one of Peter's bowls.  When dinner was over and it was just sitting there, he saw his bowl and grabbed for it.  It was just the dregs of the sauce, so I assumed he'd put it right back down after seeing what it contained but he licked it and discovered the he loved soy sauce!  He proceeded to lick the whole bowl spotlessly clean like this! I guess he likes the salty flavor.

Christian is the best big brother.  He's patient and fun and adores Peter.  He babysat for me tonight for 20 minutes while I drove the other two to a church activity.  When I came home, I found them taking selfies together.  So cute.  I had him pose for a shot by me as well.  Such a cute pair.










No comments: