Monday, November 02, 2020

Fife Lake....Again

We just can't get enough of our little cabin on Fife Lake.  Kelly and I decided to spend my birthday weekend up there and escape the crazy Covid Halloween.  From what I heard from others, Halloween turned out okay after all, but we didn't mind missing it.  We had a wonderful time as our favorite get-away.  The boys spent most of the days motorcycling while Bella, Peter, and I hung around home playing games, visiting the library, going for walks, watching Jeopardy, and playing at the playground.  Bella made all the meals on Saturday so I wouldn't have to and that was probably my favorite part.  I love that she enjoys cooking.  She made eggs and sausage for breakfast, mac'n cheese for lunch, and stuffed peppers with roasted potatoes and squash for dinner.  Kelly helped at each meal, but she worked hard.  I can't wait until I can count on her to make more and more of our family meals.

The weather was wonderful during the first couple days.  The colors of the leaves and the perfect lake view made the whole thing magical.  





Christian joined me and Peter for our trip to the playground.  It was the perfect temperature and Peter had a wonderful time on the slides.  Christian and I created obstacle course races around and over the structures and Peter watched from the tree stump.  I never thought he'd stay put, but he did.  He found us entertaining enough, I guess.




The library in the small town was open and still had all its board books and puzzles and toys out so we were able to actually take advantage and enjoy a library for the first time in 9 months.  It was glorious and I was so sad when it was nap time and we had to leave.


We spent some time at the beach on our last afternoon, although, it was a very different experience from when we visited in August.  So windy!!  High wind advisories went into effect a few hours later but the wind was already starting to really gust by that point.  We left and headed south again just in time.  In fact, the morning we left, we woke up to a snow storm.  The kids had a snowball fight while I packed up.




We debate all the time whether we should buy a place up at Fife Lake.  We'd love it, but we wouldn't love the maintenance and taxes and the need to always go there.   We still have so many other places in Michigan left to explore.  It's such a gorgeous state.  However, when we just want a quick place that's guaranteed to be perfect, we love our little home away from home at Dave and Colleen's.

No comments: