Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Almost 7 pounds!

I went in for another ultrasound today. The doctor said it's standard at 37 weeks to check on the size of the baby and make some more general measurements and assessments. So, I got another look at my sweet little baby - again the tech confirmed that it's almost certainly a boy. Also, she said that he's just under 7lbs! Wow. I'm carrying around a 7lbs baby inside me! No wonder I'm feeling so heavy! Plus, thanks to the heat wave we've been having here, I'm actually starting to swell a little for the first time. I couldn't see the blood vessels in my feet yesterday afternoon and this morning I woke up with noticeable puffiness in my face and hands. Oh well, I notice if I don't sit for too long and I keep cool, it doesn't get too bad. The keeping cool is easier said than done, but Kelly has been wonderful. We've had the A/C cranking and he bought me a big box fan at Big Box Mart. :) (aka Wal-Mart). Those things, combined with 2-3 cold showers/day have made life bearable. I'm just so incredibly excited! Only a few more weeks and Benjamin will be here! It's absolutely amazing. My final baby shower is on Saturday and then I should have everything I need, minus a rocking chair and a changing table which I'll get as soon as the Ikea grand opening happens on June 7. In any case, this is such a wonderful time and no matter the swelling feet or the ever growing belly, life is very, very good.

No comments: