Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Societal Formalities

I designed the birth announcements yesterday. Usually I'm one of those people that dislikes all the "niceties" of society, like thank you cards, birth announcements, hostess gifts, and wedding favors. They seem like a lot of work just to meet a standard set by people like Martha Stewart and Ann Landers. I'd much rather thank a friend in person for a gift and never expect someone to bring me a present just because I invited them over for dinner. However, I really had fun designing the birth announcements. Playing around with teddy bear icons and making up fake information on birth date (of course, to be replaced with real information later) was quite entertaining! It let my nearly non-existent creative side get out a little and I'm happy with the result. Plus, I got to do two, one in German and one in English, for both sides of the family. Now I just have to have the baby so I can send them! :)

No comments: