Thursday, July 20, 2006

Happy Little Baby

Just a quick post today. I want to share something cute. As I mentioned earlier, Benjamin continues to laugh in his sleep on a regular basis and I just love catching him doing it. However, in addition, I've noticed that he gets really smilely (is that a word?) as he's falling asleep. As he dozes off, his eyes will roll a little and he'll get a big grin on his face. I wonder if the laugh-inducing dreams are already appearing and he's getting excited. ;) He seems a very happy little boy and that makes me happy too.

Kind of shows what I'm talking about:



One other cute story - as with all boys, diaper change time can be dangerous. The cannon is always ready and waiting to strike an unsuspecting victim if left unattended. Kelly, I, and many others have learned this the hard way over the past couple weeks. So, lately, I'm usually quite careful. However, yesterday I let my guard down again and turned away for a moment as I grabbed a fresh diaper. As I turned back around, I looked at Benjamin's face and burst out laughing as I saw that he had become his own latest victim. Pee was pouring onto his face like a fountain as he squirmed and grimaced under the unfamiliar barrage. He never cried or fussed, but just seemed terribly confused by what was happening. I hurriedly placed the diaper over him and then of course, had to clean him up all over again and change his now soaked onesie. It was incredibly funny to watch, though, and I'm amazed by how calmly he handled having water (so to speak) poured on his face. I can't wait to give him his first bath. When will that cord ever fall off??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little smile. He looks so happy and content. Does he sleep better at night? It usually takes a while before babies find their pattern - probably a couple of months. Hang in there. You are doing great.
Julie

K and M said...

Sleep is a fickle thing in Benjamin's life. He does great one night and not so great the next. Two nights ago I fed him at 8:30, put him down at 9:45 and he didn't wake up until 4:30! Then I fed him and he slept until 7. So, basically he went 8 hours without eating and then another 3. Unbelievable. However, last night he woke up at 3:30 and decided the it was day time. He wouldn't go back to sleep for over an hour and then was up again another hour later. So, we're still working on things, but I'm seeing improvement.

Stacy said...

Your blog could be mine! I was nodding and laughing as I caught up on all of your posts. Xavier's new thing is laughing really hard, especially when we "dance" with him to music i.e. holding him up and gently moving him side to side like a pendulum. He also laughs like crazy when we say Ooo (ew?) Baby Ba-by! We tried to get pictures of him recently but he would NOT smile for anything. The second the lady went to help another customer he was laughing and smiling but by the time she came back he was asleep so he gave her a grumpy look! We put some more pictures up on his babypage at www.my.babyfit.com/razberis_mom.
Anyway, Benjamin is adorable! Boys are great!