Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Dalton Infirmary

Today was a great, relaxing Saturday. Both Kelly and Benjamin are little sickies, so we stayed home today and hung out. Benjamin is on antibiotics for an ear infection and Kelly is coughing and blowing his nose so often that I had to go to buy tissues at Costco to ensure we wouldn't run out!

However, we made the most of our sick day and as Benjamin is, you'd never know he was sick from the way he behaves. He's still a ball of laughter and energy and never shows any signs of slowing. I actually took him in to the doctor because he was coughing and she told me he had a "nasty" ear infection - technical term, apparently. I would never have known. Today, though, he seemed to be getting bored of his toys and started making mischief by tearing everything off shelves and climbing on things he shouldn't, so I decided to start making toys out of anything I could find. We built towers out of full paper towel rolls, forts out of couch cushions, hats out of tupperware and horns out of empty paper towel rolls, and finally looked through my old yearbooks finding pictures of me. He'd get so excited when he'd find one! He'd point to the picture and then to me and back and forth and then he'd rest his face against the picture and try to hug it. So cute. It was a lot of fun, even for me. The reason my yearbooks were out was because we also watched President Hinckley's funeral today and I recognized the man playing the bagpipes at the grave site as my old pre-calc teacher from high school! Here's a couple pictures I managed to get of Benjamin enjoying his make believe time.




On a side note, I'm going to miss President Hinckley so much. I've never met him personally, but it's amazing how you can feel so close and connected to someone you don't know. I loved him dearly and have sobbed bitterly many times since I learned of his passing. What an amazing man. I know he was a prophet of God and I thank him for the countless ways he taught me and enriched my life.

Finally, here are some pictures of Benjamin I took a while ago on a rare warm winter day at the park. I don't know why I never posted them. I think they're really cute.


No comments: