Thursday, February 04, 2010

It's A Boy


Ultrasounds are the greatest. They make your baby look a little bit monsterish, but it's amazing to see them moving and to see what amazing growth has occurred in such a few short weeks. I went in today for my "First Study" test where they determine whether or not the baby has Down Syndrome and while I was having my ultrasound, the tech asked if I wanted to know the baby's gender. Of course I did, because I've had suspicions all along that it was a boy. So, she completed her necessary measurements and then checked for me. Within moments she had the perfect between the legs, from the bottom facing up shot. "That looks very much like a boy," I said. "I was about to say the same thing," she replied. She got a few more shots from different angles, but each time the evidence was pretty clear. I decided in good taste, to not post an image of it. :) Of course, this early, they give no guarantees. It's really at the 20 week scan that they're more confident, but I knew with Isabella at this age, so my chances are good. It's fun to be able to confidently assign a pronoun to the baby now, rather than calling him "it" or simply "the baby." Plus now I can move on from calling him Cletus the Fetus and start seriously considering a name. Only problem being that Kelly and I can't seem to agree on one. Oh well, she who goes through labor gets final say, right?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha!!! You were right!! What a cutie-even if he's just a little blob of of gray. I hope you are doing better? Let me know :)

Megan said...

congratulations!!

Tara G. said...

How fun! Good luck with agreeing on a name. Oh, and congrats!

Carla Geddes said...

So exciting. I can't believe you know so early that he's a boy. At my 'study' scan, they wouldn't even try get a look for me.
I totally agree that you should get final say on the name... you labor at the birth and then every day as a mom. lol. Congratulations. :D

Jordan and Chandra Smith said...

it's nice that you have one of each ( a boy and a girl)already so now whatever comes next is great either way! Now that name theory I agree with,put your foot down!! =)

Nikki Ogden said...

I tried to convince Michael that the mom is the one who fills out the Birth Certificate so I have the final say. He replied with "But I bless her, so I have the final say."

Have a great day!

Stacy said...

Okay, I feel really dumb but I just realized that I've been getting no notifications when people comment on our blog (I think I fixed it now) so I didn't even realize you were pregnant until today!!! So sorry I didn't respond! I'm very excited for you. I can't believe you already found out the gender. I guess it's my curse to find out late each time. My guess is girl, but the ultrasound is 3/31. I'm going to have to read through your blog to find out your due date. We are due 8/9/10. I hope it's on time because it would be a fun birthday numerically. I hope all is well in your pregnancy. I am struggling to keep up with all of my obligations at the moment so I don't get to post or read blogs much anymore. I miss out on so many important things! Our neighbor upstairs just gave birth to their beautiful baby boy and it just makes me want this pregnancy to hurry so I can hold the prize at the end. Congrats again!