Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baby Frustrations

We think Christian might be teething because he was super cranky today. Wouldn't sleep, wouldn't eat very much, and cried A LOT. At one point Benjamin turned to me and said, "I just want to kick him in the head."

"I'm getting to that point too," I admitted. "The problem is, it wouldn't make him stop crying."

"Yeah, it would just make him cry more. I wish Christian were dead."

"Don't say horrible things like that." I scolded. "He can't talk. This is his only way of communicating. He can't help it. This is one reason why I'm not such a big fan of babies."

"Me neither," Benjamin commiserated, "But I am a big fan of chocolate!"

Ah, a child after my own heart.

3 comments:

AJ said...

I love it! Well maybe not the crying baby but, anyway, good luck with the teething. And I loved the pictures of your kids at the park.

Megan said...

I can relate! :)
AnnaJune recommended a book for us: Mail Harry to the Moon. We got it from the library. It was a fun one. When the little boy hears his baby brother crying in the middle of the night he screams, "Mail Harry to the Moon!"

Than and Erica said...

If you ever notice the pictures of my kids and their shoes, you will see that my girls wear those glittery shoes from target everyday. We have the red, pink, and gold pair but the pinks are too small. My girls think that they do go with everything and they usually get lots of 'compliments' on them when we go out. The problem with girls is that they need so many darn shoes! Pacen has his school pair and his church pair and he's totally content, but between dresses and pants and whatever, my girls have way more shoes. and i'm cold just looking at your kids in that water! and i love the sunglasses.