Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Water Obsession Resumes

Oh I love that Spring is coming! It felt so wonderful today. Low 50s but felt like mid Summer. It was wonderful. As we left gymnastics today, I couldn't bare to return home despite the craft I'd planned for today. We ended up taking an impromptu trip to the playground to celebrate the first warm, sunny day and the first trip to the park in months without coats and boots. Of course, without fail, my kids are drawn to the puddles and before long, this was the result:




So it begins again. I guess the water obsession hasn't abated. Luckily, as always, I had a change of clothes with me. I know these kids too well. (Although Bella had the foresight to take off most of her clothes before going down in it.) They just can't resist. And judging by how intently Christian was watching them, I'm guessing he'll be joining them soon.

With Spring comes the need for new clothes too. Thanks to the generosity of friends, I've not bought clothes for Bella yet. Nearly 3 years and she's been fully taken care of. However, we've now hit a point where she needed some new shoes and so I took her shopping. I've known for a long time how different Bella and I are, but shoe shopping with her hit it home. I was looking for a shoe she could wear to church with any dress and so I'd pick up something cute and sensible, like this:


Princess Bella would frown, shake her head, and pick up something like this:


or perhaps this:


Again and again we exchanged shoe suggestions. Bella's love of all things glitzy and bedazzled knows no bounds. Alas, in the end, the one with the money made the final decision. Luckily she's also very fickle and by the time we'd bought my pair, she'd forgotten about hers and actually ended up liking my choice so much she wore them to bed. I think, when she's a teenager, to save myself unnecessary stress, I'm just going to find a comfy spot with a book and have her come to me when she's found what she wants to buy.

No comments: