Monday, May 18, 2020

Bath Time

Due to various reasons (eczema, cold weather, lack of desire on my part, poor ability to sit in the water, etc.) Peter has only had about 4 real baths in his life so far.  One in the tub and a few in the sink.  Mostly we've just washed him with a wash rag every day.  Today I decided his skin was cleared up enough and the weather was warm enough and he had good enough balance that I thought a bath would be great and he'd enjoy it.  It was right.  Almost as soon as I lowered him into the tub, he started splashing and laughing and having a wonderful time.  Christian joined me at the tub's edge and the two of us played with him and had a great time.  Mostly we played with stacking cups that had holes in the bottom so water could pour out and Peter happily splashed and chewed on the rubber frog and rubber sheep toys.  I was really glad we decided to do that today.  We'd had so many other fun plans today like going on a run and going bike riding, but it has been raining non-stop for over 24 hours and so we didn't do any of those things.  Christian and I are getting back into running training.  We've gone 2 days now and are loving it.  It's so fun to go running with Christian.  It won't be long before he'll be leaving me in the dust and I'll have to bike to keep up, but for now while his legs are still shorter than mine, he's a great partner and I love spending time with him that way.  Bella bikes along with us and takes my bike so Peter can ride in the carrier.  It's a fun experience and I'm glad the weather forecast for tomorrow shows an end to the rain.



No comments: