Sunday, May 17, 2020

Here I Go Again

I've decided to restart my blog.  We'll see how much I end up writing in here, but for now I have high hopes.  Reading through the old stories of when my kids were little makes me realize how much I loved recording their experiences and how much of that time I've forgotten!  I don't want to forget Peter's baby-hood and certainly the world of emerging teenagers is plenty of fodder for a blog.  So, here goes.

Right now we're still stuck in Covid-19 quarantine, as we have been for months.  We're doing pretty well, all things considered, but I think Christian is having the hardest time of it.  He misses school and his friends more than the others and it's hard to watch him mope around the house a lot.  I try to keep him active outside (going on runs and bike rides, jumping on the trampoline, etc.) but I know that some play-dates with friends would do a world of good.

Peter is growing so fast right now.  This week he finally solidified rolling.  For some reason he was just way behind with that skill.  He doesn't crawl yet either, but I don't think he ever will.  He has developed a skill we call "swiffering" because he slides along on his belly and picks up every little thing on the floor with his shirt, just like a swiffer.  Since he does this, his motivation to crawl is zero, despite our efforts to teach/encourage him.  He'll do whatever we are trying to get him to do and then immediately drop back onto his belly and drag himself around.  So, at 9 1/2 months, he just learned to roll, cannot crawl, but is definitely mobile.  He also pulls himself up to a stand so fast if you blink you'll miss it, but he hasn't started moving along the furniture yet.  He'll pull himself to a stand and then simply stand there.  When I try to get him to cruise along the couch to me, he won't do it. He'll drop back down and swiffer to me instead.

Well, that's all the time I have for now. 


No comments: