Monday, September 21, 2020

Fall Camping

 I haven't posted anything in a few days because we were out camping.  Benjamin's scout troop had a family camp out and we decided to participate in order to get to know the other families better and support the troop.  It was wonderful.  The weather couldn't have been better and we got to meet several really nice families.  The best part for me was having multiple days outdoors without a single person begging for screentime!  No devices in sight!  It was glorious...minus the mask requirement.  That was lousy, but you do what you gotta do, right?


I noticed Christian wasn't with the other kids and so I went looking for him.  My little introvert needed some down-time, apparently.


The adults were supposed to learn various forms of lashing, but Bella is such the knot and lashing queen that she couldn't help taking over for me.  She's really much better at it than I am.


Benjamin was in charge of leading the first aid station.  Hard when you're 14 and some of the adults you're teaching are paramedics!  He did just fine, though.  I was proud of him.


Kelly and I traded off so Peter could be with us in the day but sleep at home and not torment us in the tent all night. Peter loved being outside all day.  He ate dirt, sticks, and rocks, watched the big kids play volleyball, and mostly loved investigating all around in the large tent.  After two days he got used to some of the people too and started interacting and smiling with them.  I was really happy about that.



I love fall in Michigan.  I wish I could go camping more often.  Peter makes it a bit challenging, but we'll definitely do this more as he gets older.  


No comments: