Monday, January 03, 2022

Quotes By Peter

I looked through my pictures to see what I could post and I realized I haven't taken a single one since Christmas.  Ooops.  Must take some pictures this week.  I guess that lost week between Christmas and New Year is real.  I have no evidence it happened.  I'll just post a couple funny Peter-isms instead. Peter's learning of the language is always fascinating to me. 

Today I realized that he's deduced that the opposite of nobody is yesbody rather than somebody.  Makes a lot of sense when you think about it.  I asked him if nobody was in the basement and he said, "Yesbody in basement."


He came to me yesterday and held up a little toy.  "I sheeshed it!" he proclaimed triumphantly.  "You what?" I asked, perplexed.  "I sheeshed it!"  "Show me," I said, trying to decode what he was saying.  He led me into the living room, threw the toy at the couch with all his might, and yelled, "Sheeeeesh! " "See, I sheeshed it!" he explained, matter-of-factly. 


Kelly noticed Peter had his headphones in his hand and that he'd ripped the rubber tip off one of the headphones.  "You ripped them all apart!" Kelly exclaimed in dismay.  "I not rip them ALL apart," he calmly explained.  "I rip ONE apart."  Yeah Dad, can't you see?  Very different.


I love that kid.




No comments: