Wednesday, January 26, 2022

We Have Another Driver!

Yesterday we took Benjamin to the Secretary of State and got his learner's permit.  He has completed 24 hours of classes and 12 hours of driving instruction with a teacher, so now he is allowed to drive under our supervision for the next 50 hours.  If he can complete the 50 hours in time, he can get his license in July when he's 16. 

I had him drive us home and he also drove to Bella's school to pick her up and to scouts in the evening - in the dark on snowy/icy roads on the freeway!  It was impressive.  He's a good driver.  He does great at anything he enjoys so it's no surprise.  He shifts lanes more abruptly than my mother heart would like and he doesn't slow down enough in advance of turns, but he's very amenable to correction and he's far ahead of where I was when I got my full license.  I'm proud of my boy.




No comments: