Monday, January 10, 2022

Round 2

This morning I heard "Mommy!  Come get me!" over the baby monitor, just like I do so many mornings.  However, as I entered the room this morning, I was greeted by a very unpleasant smell.  It was still pitch black in the room so I wasn't sure at first what it was.  A moment's reflection, though, helped me to grasp what I was smelling - dried vomit.  I flipped on the light and was stunned to see my little boy, covered head to toe in dried, crusty vomit.  It was all over his clothes, face, mattress, and hair.  His hair stood up in spiky tuffts full of mushed food particles.  He seemed completely oblivious and unperturbed.  He reached out to me and I picked him up carefully.  He couldn't tell me what happened.  He had no memory of vomiting during the night.

When I said he'll need to take a bath, then he got upset.  He hates taking baths!  He screamed non-stop through the whole thing.  Imagine bathing a feral cat and you'll have a good idea of what baths are like with Peter.  Plus it took much longer than the usual shampoo to clean everything out of his hair.  It was a long time before he stopped smelling like vomit.  However, he was happy, energetic, and had plenty of appetite all day, so whatever it was that bothered him during the night seems to have disappeared. What a mess.  When will this vomiting cease??  I didn't take a picture of his condition this morning, so you can be spared that sight.  However, this afternoon he kept asking me to take his picture while he "make funny face" and so I'll share that with you instead. Oh, and don't worry - the stuff on his chin is cream of wheat, not vomit.  





No comments: