Monday, July 13, 2020

Last Sunday At Home

Today was our last Sunday before in-person church meetings start back up.  I'm going to miss having sacrament at home and spending all Sunday in my sweatpants.  Christian and I started the day with a 5 mile run.  The heat wave has broken and it was such a wonderful running morning.  After that we played in the back yard sprinklers.  Christian kept running around and trying to dodge it but secretly loved getting soaked by it.  He also wanted to try again to sink a basketball shot from the trampoline.  He got close, but sadly never made it in.  Benjamin, however, made the "winning shot."  He grabbed my shoe while we were outside together (Benjamin's first time outside since his foot became infected) and tossed it jokingly up into the pine tree.  He expected it to come back down, but it got stuck, way up high in the branches!  It was so high we couldn't see it.  We both laughed at the craziness of it, but then I really wished I had my shoe!  Benjamin went inside chuckling and I decided I'd wait and let the wind bring it down, hopefully in the next day or two.  Christian, however, wanted to help, so he asked me to get a ladder and then he climbed into the tree and as far up as he could go until he found it and brought it down.  He got stuck on the way down and I thought I'd have to rescue him, but he figured it out on his own.  I was very grateful to have my shoe back. We played three games of 7 Wonders and Bella won every time.  It was crazy!  During the game I'd be so sure I was in the lead and doing great but then she'd announce her score and I'd be shocked.  We're going to have to have a rematch tomorrow. During Peter's afternoon nap we were all going to play MarioKart on the Wii, but I was so tired that I fell asleep on Christian's bed while the kids played.  Sad that I missed out on MarioKart, but the nap was wonderful.  I'm too old for this raising a baby business! :)  He's been really fussy these last couple days and it's worn me out.  I will be happy when he can talk and tell me what he needs.  I can recognize patterns in his cries and decipher many of them but all too often, his screams leave me baffled and frustrated.  The only thing that always works is to take him outside and let him play.  That cheers him up every time.




No comments: