Thursday, July 09, 2020

Our Own Waterpark

Every morning as Christian and I go running, we see tons and tons of people's sprinklers running.  Christian is always fascinated by the oscillations of the different types of mechanisms and, of course, during this crazy heat-wave, jealous that they have water waiting to be jumped in.  We have built-in sprinklers that come on according to schedule and go off according to schedule and never really bring the kind of joy that these other sprinklers do.  So, today when I went grocery shopping, I bought him some sprinklers.  A rainbird sprinkler - the kind that fires in a 180 degree arc and then swoops back - and a rainbow type sprinkler that slowly arches back and forth.  He was beside himself excited about them.  He declared it to be like Christmas.  With the weather in the 90s, it was the perfect day to try them out.  I took Peter outside too.  Although the cold water bursts freaked him out if they were too direct, when in my (or Kelly's) arms and partially shielded, he had fun too.  Then we also turned it way, way down and let him explore them.  He seemed to mostly enjoy them, but Christian was my target audience, and I was happy to see that they were everything he'd imagined.  I wish I could give them a pool like they've all been begging for, but I guess this is as close as it's going to get.  (No pictures of the rainbird sprinkler.  I was holding Peter during that time and didn't think to take pictures.)







No comments: