Sunday, June 07, 2020

A Picnic Lunch

Today was such a perfect weather day.  Perfect temperature and humidity.  Kelly got up with Peter and took him on a long walk.  Then Christian and I went running and then I took Peter outside to play in the back yard.  He loves to be outside and his favorite place outside is at the top of the trampoline ladder.  He doesn't want to get on the trampoline.  He just likes standing on the ladder.  So every morning after our run, I take him out there and he plays on the ladder while I stretch out my legs next to him in case he falls.  He's never fallen, though. He's quite careful.

Once we'd spent that time outside, we didn't want to come back in!  We ended up eating outside and I got out my picnic blanket for the first time in over a year.  It felt so good to be using it again.  I love picnic lunches in the back yard.  Once the sun came into our backyard, the kids wanted to do the slip and slide again.  I got the blue baby pool for Peter to play in while the kids slid.  Kelly heated a bunch of water and we filled it with nice warm water.  Of course, that was so much more appealing than a slip and slide with freezing cold water, so it didn't take long for the kids to be in the pool with Peter.  He didn't seem to mind.  After he got out, Christian had so enjoyed that he laid in it alone for quite a while longer.




No comments: