Monday, June 29, 2020

Another Day on the River

After I spent 3 hours returning cans today (I'm almost done!), I convinced Bella to come kayaking.  Luckily Kelly and Benjamin were able to watch Peter so we didn't have to take him along.  It was a lot of fun for all of us, but Bella's emerging teenager was really showing.  She's become so conscious of what other people think of her that she's completely paralyzed in public situations.  We paddled happily along the river until we got to the portage.  There were lot of families and kids swimming and enjoying the deep water.  She became completely sullen and moody.  She sat like this the whole time while Christian swam around.  She hardly talked and never looked at me.  She eventually got into the water, but only stood in it, completely still.

 Finally we went back along the river and I found a nice, secluded swimming spot and she became herself again.  She and Christian found a string of seaweed, named it "Mr. Seaweed" and built it a home.   That was the Bella I know.  It was nice to see her happy.  We all had a good time and I'm so glad to have a kayak trailer and lakes/rivers so close by.






No comments: