Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Playing in the Rain

We had a large storm this afternoon.  It made the morning a hot, muggy mess.  Christian didn't want to go running, so I ran on the treadmill downstairs and then he and Bella and I went a leisurely bike ride later while Peter napped.  In the afternoon, the storm rolled in and Christian couldn't pass up the chance to play in it.  Peter was also fascinated by the rain and was standing by the door, looking out.  Christian decided to take Peter out with him.   The sweet boy put Peter in a stroller, grabbed an umbrella and headed out.  I watched him laugh and talk to Peter as they enjoyed the rain together.  Then he got Peter's high chair and placed it on the porch and set him in it, so he could fill up the chair's tray with rain water and Peter could splash while they played outside together.  He played with him outside for over 30 minutes and Peter loved it.  I heard him laughing from inside the house.  I'm so lucky to have Christian.  He is so sweet with his little brother.  Bella and Benjamin are equally sweet with him but they don't have the endurance and patience that Christian has.  They won't last as long unless there's an incentive for them.  Christian is motivated purely by love of Peter.  I really hope that doesn't go away when Christian becomes a teenager.





Peter was super crabby most of the morning and was refusing to eat.  I think he might be teething.  I tried a few more spoonfuls in hopes he'd change his mind, but he just slapped the spoon away each time.  Then he turned the slapped food on the tray into body paint.  He seemed so fascinated by the color and texture, I didn't have the heart to wipe it all away.  I just let him play with it. This was the result.  Funny how even if he's crabby, if I smile at him, he'll smile back, even if only for a second.  Later in the day, he ate what was left of the food, so it all worked out.


No comments: