Sunday, June 14, 2020

Definitely Time for a Haircut!

The salons and barber shops are officially allowed to open tomorrow and I think we'll be some of the first in line!  Benjamin has started wearing a band in his hair to keep it out of his eyes.  His hair is so thick and amazing, and when he can't cut it (and won't let me cut it), it gets long fast!




Peter has begun cruising along furniture and started to use his toy walker a bit.  He also almost never swiffer crawls anymore.  He full crawls almost all the time.  He's really growing!  He's starting to climb more and more and get into everything.  His favorites are the dishwasher and the fridge.  If either of those are open, he makes a bee-line for them.  He loves to clean out everything in the door of the fridge and then play around with the bottles.  He accidentally poured worcestershire sauce all over his pants yesterday when I thought the lid was on securely but learned the hard way that it wasn't.   In the dishwasher,  He loves to climb onto the door and throw out things from the racks. The one problem is that he's too heavy for the dishwasher door.  I'm worried he'll break the latch.  I have to take him down off it a hundred times while I'm unloading/loading.  Today I got him a stool and let him stand on that while he helped me unload.  I quickly cleaned out all the glass items and then let him play around with the plastic ones.  He had a great time, but I couldn't leave his side because I didn't want him to fall.  It's so fun to see him explore, though.  He's becoming better and better at self-entertaining.  It's been a refreshing change.





It was a bit of a lazy weekend around here. Nothing much going on.  Benjamin and Kelly went motorcycling on Saturday and the rest of us just hung out at home.  Benjamin has really liked going motorcycling.  He says he wants to go every weekend.  He came home Saturday night so happy and smiley in a way I haven't seen in a long time.  It was adorable.  He was bursting with energy and was telling me all about it.  It made me happy to see that.  He also said he fell right asleep when he went to bed, which is something that never happens to him.  I'm so glad Kelly decided to try this new hobby with Benjamin.  Is seems to be a good one for him.  Sunday we rode bikes but otherwise hung out at home.  I'm so glad we have a yard that has so much space for fun things and trees perfect for a hammock.  I tend to get motion sick in it so I don't use it much but I'm always happy to swing kids in it and the kids love to lay in it with Kelly.





No comments: