Friday, June 19, 2020

What....No Wading?

One of my kids' favorite spots in our area is Shiawassee Park.  The river in the park is the cleanest of any river around and it has bridges, ducks, shallow and deep parts.  It's the perfect river for kids.  We went there yesterday and the kids had so much fun they asked to go again today, so we did.  Two days of splashing, wading, playing, and having a great time.  Then today, almost as we were leaving, I saw a sign by the side of the river, "NO WADING."  Say what?  When did that get put there?  I had never seen it before.  I decided to continue to pretend I'd never seen it.  We've been wading there for 13 years.  I don't plan to stop for several more.  Initially Peter was shocked by the cold, but he got used to it quickly and had a lot of fun playing in the water.  I stupidly forgot to photograph him until the very end when he was hungry and tired and he would no longer sit independently in the water, so these are the best pictures I got.  I was sad Benjamin didn't want to come with us.  He's growing up.  Splashing around in the water just doesn't appeal to him as it used to.  Christian, Bella, and Adrianna (our neighbor behind us) came both days and had a lot to fun.




No comments: